It’s my 2nd installment of The Week in Bullets and I can honestly say that I might as well call this post “The Confessions of an Impulsive Shopper”! I bought more things than I should this week, some for the best of reasons but the others were just really random. I just got a new credit card from the mail and it was so tempting to look at when I first saw it. So the things that you will see below are practically the things I bought and me trying my best to justify all these splurges!
- Gelo and I watched a movie on its last full show the night before (Ghost Busters!), then came tomorrow morning when we were woken up at 11AM by my mother’s text inviting us for brunch at Trinoma. 9 kilometers wasn’t gonna be driven on its own so we hurried up and went straight there. It was great seeing my family again after 2 weeks, although my father and brother weren’t there because of things they needed to attend to.
- We bought an L-shaped sofa but it’s not gonna be delivered to our flat until August 7th. It was a great deal though! There was a sale at SM North (which is just beside Trinoma) so we didn’t let that pass. It’s just a little sofa that Gelo has been wanting to have. We wanted a sofa that can be our little hang-out place so we won’t be that stuck in bed all the time. The hardest part of buying a sofa is finding the best color. A bright color would have been nice, but I couldn’t say no to this lovely grey.
- I was also lusting over a Fujifilm X-A2 camera for over a week now and when I learned that Henry’s is at the 3rd floor, I went there too and bought myself a black one! The people at the store were so accommodating and nice, by the way. The prices and bundles are great, too! Check out their website here. I bought the kit for ₱36,999 and they were nice enough to stash in 2 8GB memory cards and a brown leather strap.
- I am still getting the hang of photography and I’m currently looking for some workshops that can welcome newbies like me with open arms. I wish to take this seriously, too. It’s about time I form a new habit.
- I also was in dire need of a new bottle of perfume so I bought one. If you personally know me, you’d know how obsessed I am with vanilla. I love the scent and I love how it makes my friends remind them of me. There’s a lot of vanilla perfumes out there, but the one I’m currently in love with is Boum Vanille Sa Pomme d’Amour. It’s a mouthful, but it’s not as expensive as the others. It only costs ₱900 and SM had a promo yesterday that if you buy 3, you’d only pay ₱1,500. It was a STEAL! I bought 2 for me and I bought 1 for Gelo.
- After months of waiting, Gelo finally got his gift from me. Worst girlfriend, am I right?
The thing is, I waited this long just to make sure he will go back to school. With all the plans that we have, he might just let that go and he’s been wanting to go back to studying for years. I already got the assurance that he will study in September, so I bought a gift for his birthday last April: a wireless pair of earphones from Pump Mini. It costs around ₱4,000 and it’s perfect for working out!
- I also bought a Sleek Matte Me lip cream in Birthday Suit, all because it almost exactly matches Kylie’s nude lippie. It’s only for ₱480, which is not bad for something with really great reviews. I’ll probably post a picture wearing that soon (not that I’m gonna have a tutorial or whatnot).
- One of my awesome friends Kim created a header for me, all because I had been bugging her about it. She posted it on her wall on Friday and it was so pretty! She even used one of my favorite colors, turquoise.
On repeat while shopping.
How about you, old souls? What have you been up to?